Seattle and national health resources
For Life Threatening Emergencies: Call 9-1-1
Depression and anxiety, suicide and crisis hotlines:
- Seattle Crisis Hotline crisisclinic.org (866-427-4747)
- http://www.translifeline.org 1-877-565-8860
- LGBTQ Youth suicide hotline: 1-866-4-U-TREVOR
Places to get mental health care:
- www.seamar.org/ – mental counseling services
- Sound Mental Health: smh.org
LGBTQ+ Friendly providers and clinics:
These are some of the clinics and providers I have referred people to in the past. Obviously providers and policies may have changed. Ingersoll Gender Center has a database of Seattle-area providers.
- Country Doctor Clinic (Capitol Hill)
- Cedar River Clinics (gender-affirming care)
- Queen Anne Medical
- Swedish Family Medicine – Cherry Hill
- For teens and kids – Seattle Children’s Gender Clinic
- Rain City Integrative
- Virginia Mason
- Planned Parenthood – see this link for their LGBTQ+ services
For established patients (that is, you have seen me for an in-office visit), I offer phone availability for after-hours situations. You can also usually be seen in the office within 24 hours for urgent situations. Sometimes, though, that’s not possible. So for when it’s not bad enough for the emergency room, but can’t wait until the office is open:
Country Doctor After Hours Clinic: located at Swedish Cherry Hill at 550 16th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
Open 6-10 pm M-F and 12-10 pm Sat & Sun. Call (206) 329-5556; may not be open on holidays. Takes all insurances. Long-time provider of health care to the LGTBQ community.
Immediate Clinic: Make an appointment online at https://www.immediateclinic.com/ (also takes Apple Health, Molina, UHC Community Plan and Amerigroup)
Transgender and LGBTQ Resources:
- Ingersollcenter.org: resources for transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.
- genderodyssey.org: a yearly conference, but also a valuable resource for training and information.
- King County Trans Resource and Referral Guide
Insurer’s portals: Medicaid, Premera, Molina, Amerigroup, UHC, Regence, Group Health
- Medicaid: https://www.waproviderone.org/client
- Molina Healthcare: www.molinahealthcare.com/
- Amerigroup: https://www.myamerigroup.com/
- United Healthcare Community Plan: www.uhccommunityplan.com/ (Applehealth/Medicaid)
- United Healthcare (all other): https://www.uhc.com/
- Premera: https://www.premera.com
- Regence: https://www.regence.com/web/regenceindividual/
- First Choice: https://www.fchn.com/
- Group Health Co-op: https://www.ghc.org/
- Need insurance? Start your search at Washington Healthplan Finder
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association: GLMA.org
- Naturopathic Primary Care Association: www.ndprimarycare.org/
Nutrition and Food:
In general, the research supports a heavily plant-based diet (though not necessarily vegan) for optimal health.
- https://www.choosemyplate.gov/ My Plate – a good place to start for advice.
- DASH (Dietary Approaches To Stop Hypertension) diet: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/heart/dash_brief.pdf