I’m Dr. Les Witherspoon, founder of Meditrinalia Naturopathic. I’m a licensed naturopathic physician with an interest in ADHD, Asperger syndrome, transgender medicine, and chronic, “stuck” illnesses. I also work with those with depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and other mental health conditions.
I see my mission as helping people to heal in a way that works for them, using the best of modern integrative and conventional medicine. I focus on offering “help without the hype”. My belief is that even when someone has a chronic or incurable condition, there is always something that can be done to support their health so that they can live their lives as fully as is possible for that individual.
I (and Meditrinalia Naturopathic as a business) do not discriminate based upon race, religion, dis/ability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification or lack thereof, family/household configuration, neurotypical or neurodiverse status, or political beliefs. My aim is to provide competent care that is also culturally sensitive.
As a licensed naturopathic physician, after getting a B.Sc. in chemistry (minor in math), I put in five more years and over 4400 hours, earning a doctor of naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University. My clinical training included (but was not limited to):
- working with transgender patients at Verbena/Spectrum (a clinic located a Country Doctor), as well as additional training with a provider working with transgender individuals. I continue to obtain additional training in this area.
- working with urban underserved patients at Carolyn Downs Community Clinic. I have continued to take additional training in providing primary care that incorporates integrative health with conventional evidence-based standards of care;
- Shifts focusing on patients with ADHD, depression, cancer, and elders dealing with multiple conditions.
- I’ve continued to obtain additional training in working with depression and anxiety, in working with older adults and with adolescents, and in medication management for mental health conditions.
- I have additional interests and training in working with the methylation cycle, in CBT-I (cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia), and in botanical medicine formulation for digestive and respiratory conditions.
I’m a member of the Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the Naturopathic Academy of Primary Care Physicians, and the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association. When I’m not at the office, I can be found debating current affairs and tech with all and sundry, cooking dinner with my partner, raising our kids, and trying to keep up with my ever-expanding booklist. I have life experience in trying to fit work, parenting, exercise and community into a day without enough hours in it.